Belly Binding in Wichita, Kansas
Bengkung Belly Binding ($125)
- Belly Binding instructions on how to wrap yourself at home or we will teach a loved one who can do it for you
- A 16’ by 8” unbleached muslin wrap that is yours to keep
- Belly Binding Application
What is Bengkung Belly Binding?
Across the world, belly binding is being used as an effective postpartum recovery tool. To support the body’s natural healing process, non-stretchy or 100% cotton fabric is wrapped snugly from the pubic bone to up under the breast. This specific technique is a traditional Malaysian bind that uses a twisting knot in the front to keep the wrap tight.
Benefits of Bengkung Belly Binding
- Helpful in bringing your bands of abdominal muscles back together to aid in healing diastasis recti
- Supports pelvic stability
- Provides pressure on the hips and pelvis to go back to their pre-pregnancy state
- Lower back support
- Supports the body’s natural spine and posture realignment post birth
- Prevents slouching and poor posture while feeding a baby
Binding is best done as soon after birth as possible. We recommend scheduling within the first week postpartum. Women with Cesareans should wait until the incision is healed to begin binding.